Ordinary meals are boring. Surprise your taste buds often by trying out new dinner ideas and recipes. You don’t need to be a chef to pull out delicious meals. Today, I will share two awesome ideas that will breathe freshness and add pleasure to your cooking experience.
3-2-1 BBQ Ribs
This barbecue method is broken down into three central parts. One covers 3 hours, another takes 2 hours, and the last part takes 1 hour. Each part is critical so follow them strictly.
If you like the fall-of-the-bone ribs. This is your delicacy. The 3 2 1 ribs cooking method is based on smoking ribs at a specific temperature for 3 hours. The ribs are then wrapped with liquid for two hours then sauced for the final one hour. This is one of those dinner ideas you’ll come back to again and again.
What You Need
- One rack baby back ribs
- 2tbsp signature sweet rub
- 1 cup apple cider (apple juice also works)
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. salted butter
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
Step By Step Procedure
- Start by removing the membrane on the ribs’ back
- Generously season both sides of the ribs using the sweet rub, beginning with the bone side.
- Make ready your smoker for indirect smoking. Target the temperature to be between 180 and 200 with a thin blue smoke. Then, place the seasoned ribs on the smoker and close the lid. Allow them to smoke for 3 hours.
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil and place it on an expansive working surface. Transfer the ribs to the foil bone side up, so the bones don’t tear through the foil. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, top with the butter cut into small pads, and pour over the apple cider.
- Tightly fold the foil together to produce an airtight seal. Return to the grill and adjust your cooking temperature to as near 225 degrees as you can. Let the ribs cook for 2 hours in the foil.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the grill and place them on your spacious working surface. Open the foil package (beware of hot steam) and use tongs to remove the ribs and put them back on the grill, bone side down. Dispose of the foil and any excess cooking liquid,
- Apply your favorite BBQ sauce on the ribs, cover the lid of your grill and cook at 225 degrees for another one hour until the ribs are tender enough and the sauce is sticky and set.
3-2-1 Ribs Serving Suggestions
You can serve your 321 BBQ ribs with various dishes. Below are some suggestions you can use:
- Herbed potato salad
- Slow cooker collard greens
- Crispy corn fritters
2. Roast Chicken Recipe
Roasted chicken can never disappoint you. Follow this recipe, serve yourself and enjoy every bite.
What You Need
- Garlic Butter (Garlic and Butter)
- Olive oil
- A piece of lemon
- A hint of dry white wine (not compulsory, but keeps your meat juicy and adds so much flavor)
How To Roast A Whole Chicken
This recipe will give you a roast chicken with flavor and a bonus: crispy skin, juicy meat, and a nice dinner. Follow these steps for your baked whole chicken to stand out from the rest!
- Preheat your oven.
- Rinse and perfectly dry your chicken with a paper towel.
- Combine olive oil, melted butter, wine (if you have it), and lemon juice. And rub all over the chicken, under the skin, and inside the cavity.
- Season your chicken both outside and inside with sufficient salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Rub your minced garlic over the chicken and under the skin. You may do this separately as the final step to maximize the garlic taste.
- Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with the rosemary twigs and the squeezed lemon halves.
- Roast chicken, stitching halfway through the cooking time until it is cooked through.
- Broil until it turns golden and crispy!
How Long To Roast?
Roast your chicken for over one hour, depending on the size of your bird. And then, let it rest for 10 minutes to keep all of the juices in before you slice.
- Mashed potatoes; slow cooker mashed potatoes, brown butter mashed potatoes, or easy creamy mashed potatoes.
- Wedges: Sweet Potato or Potato
- Roast Green Beans
- Avocado Corn Tomato Salad
- Roast Carrots
- Smashed Potatoes or Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Roast Asparagus
- Pasta Salad
- Balsamic Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad
- Honey Dijon Apple Salad
Many times, we find ourselves not sure of what to cook next. If you find yourself in that situation, try out these new dinner ideas and enjoy the fun of cooking. By using the guideline, that boring taste will be a thing of the past.