Are you thinking about buying your first motorcycle? If so, you are no doubt feeling stupidly excited about the whole thing! After all, riding a motorcycle is the epitome of cool. However, there are a few things no one tells you about riding a motorbike. Read on to discover some of the things most people wish they knew before they got their own motorcycle.
- You will become a bit more reckless – Let’s face it, owning a motorbike is not for the faint-hearted. It is for those who like an adrenaline rush and have a taste for danger. If you thought you were cautious in life now, you won’t be a few months and years into owning your own motorbike. You’ll become fearless, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you use it.
- You’ll care about your appearance – Do you think you’re a “typical” man who doesn’t care less what he looks like? Do you only spend a few minutes getting ready in the morning? Well, prepare to become vain. While you may not spend hours tanning yourself or gelling your hair, you will become obsessed with having the latest motorcycle gear and looking the part. Browsing the likes of Dickies Life will become the norm for you. You will want to have the best motorbike jackets and clothing – better than the rest.
- You will become filthy – So, you get ready to use your motorbike to drive to work for the first time. You arrive, and you are covered in dirt! How are you supposed to sit in the office looking like you have been rolling around in the mud? This is rookie error number one. You should always wear protective clothing. If you don’t, you’re going to look like you’ve stopped at a boot camp on your way to work. Just a word of warning, though, protective clothing can end up smelling rather funky, and this transfers to your body too, so make sure you take some aftershave with you to work as well. You will need to freshen up once you arrive.
- You WILL join a club – You may think that there is no chance of you joining a club. You’re just not that guy. Well, you will soon become that guy. Enrolment is automatic. You cannot opt in. As soon as you’re on your motorcycle, you are automatically a member. So, don’t be surprised when complete strangers wave at you.
- Spiders become part of your daily existence – You will be shocked by how many bugs can get into the nooks and crannies of your motorcycle while it is parked. You’re going to be at one with nature once you own a motorbike, that’s for sure.
So, if you can deal with the spiders and getting filthy every time you leave the house, you are good to go! These are just some of the unique things you are set to experience by owning your first motorcycle. Good luck, and enjoy!