What should I consume to lower my risk of contracting prostate cancer?
Whether you believe it or not, this is the most common question that I’ve encountered on the internet. And, it’s pretty natural as well. Unlike our stomach or heart, we generally don’t get any signs from our prostate about its deterioration or anything as such.
Thus, in my opinion, as you’re already in the dark, you should work on improving the health of the prostate. And, you should start it as soon as possible.
Here are a few steps that you can take while working on this prospect.
How To Improve Your Prostate Health?
The prospect of improving your prostate health can be quite wide-ranging. Therefore, we’ve divided the whole topic into three categories and offered some tips in each of them.
Let’s check them out together.
Tip – 1: Opt For A Healthier Eating Pattern
Insteading of eating any specific food item, you should always focus on taking care of your overall eating pattern. Here’s how you can do it.
- Eat veggies and fruits regularly at least five times a day. Go for the ones that feature a deeper and brighter color.
- Do not eat too much red meat, especially pork and beef. They’re extremely fatty and, thus, can increase your risk of cancer.
- Opt for whole-grain bread, as they’re better for your health and keep the healthy bacteria in your gut well in-shape.
- Try to go for healthful fats, including nuts, olive oil, and avocados. While you’re at it, don’t forget to avoid trans fats as much as possible.
- Lower your consumption of salt. If you can, cut it down entirely from your life. It’d vastly improve your prostate health and help you maintain stomach health.
Tip – 2: Stay Active
Only eating healthy won’t be enough for you. Aside from that, you have to exercise regularly as well. Here’s what you need to do in this regard.
- Doing stretching daily can help you keep your lower body well in-shape. It can lower your risk of BPH to some extent as well.
- Performing aerobic exercise can decrease the risk of erectile dysfunction and make it much easier for you to gain a better BMI.
- Finally, people suffering from BPH can also get a lot of help by walking briskly for an hour or so everyday.
Tip – 3: Keep An Eye On Your Drinking
When it comes to maintaining your prostate health, drinking clean water should be the best possible option for you. Aside from that, you have to follow these tips as well.
- Stay dehydrated. Drink at least three to four liters of water regularly. Also, take a bath around once or twice depending on the weather in your city.
- Don’t drink alcohol or caffeine. Each of them works as a diuretic and, therefore, will prompt you to go to the bathroom frequently. This might make you dehydrated.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks as much as you can. Otherwise, it might increase the risk of stomach and prostate cancer to some extent.
Tip – 4: Opt For Supplements
Finally, we’ll ask you to opt for a prostate supplement to take care of your prostate’s health as much as possible. It’ll strengthen your prostate even more and prevent any further damage. However, before you choose the product, make sure to look through these aspects.
- Check the instruction label of the supplement and make sure that you’re following the same closely. If they’ve asked you to consume the supplement with water, make sure to do the same properly. There’s no need to use milk or anything as such.
- Ask your doctor before you start using the supplement. They’ll go through the section where the ingredients are written and suggest if the product is good for you or not. If there’s something you’re allergic to available in it, be sure to avoid it at any cost. Popular supplements with a solid track record include ProstaGenix and PR Labs Prost-P10x
Making Changes In Your Life
Improving your prostate health and maintaining the same will be a little challenging for you at first. However, if you’re patient enough, you’ll surely make progress.